Re: [NTLK] Digital Hub (was iPod!)

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 19:50:38 EDT

That's why I sent this link several days ago:
http://www.danger.com/products.html

Check it out...I think that this is the future of
Personal Devices. With a little work, this can be the
ultimate contraption for the consumate geek!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Chet Johns <tcjohns_at_home.com> wrote:

> The only two other functions I could add to your
> list are the ability to use
> a portable as a photo album. Take pictures, connect
> the camera and download,
> edit the good ones, discard the bad ones and show
> them off like an old
> fashioned photo album. I see the new palms are
> making a poor attempt at
> this. Second (and most recent) is the home movie
> studio. Take movies with a
> digital movie camera now smaller than the power
> supply of my old Apple 2c,
> download into the computer and edit with imovie and
> even burn to a CD (yes
> CD not DVD) for distribution. I'm sure the people I
> work with are as bored
> of seeing movies of my kids as I used to be watching
> the old carosel slide
> shows years ago. A device which could act as
> scheduler, photo album, MP3 and
> movie player with a color flat screen (an be
> smaller than my current
> powerbook) that would be cool. What happened to that
> device from spymac. If
> it was a beta version of something coming, I'd like
> to hear more. Or have we
> decided it was a hoax?
>
> Chet Johns

<big snip>

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...