Re: [NTLK] (No From: greenguy <greenguy@oanet.com>

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 12:36:32 EDT

>Although this would be a pretty simple thing to write using Sloup as the
>conduit on the Newton side. You'd just create a soup with entries defined
>with a few slots: a name, MIME type of the data perhaps, and then just a
>byte array of the binary data.

For example the binary soup of the NPDS binary server? :)

Note that the binary server sends the whole binary at once to the
communication toolbox layer. This isn't normally a problem for small
gifs images, but it generates an error if the binary is too big.

I planned to have a better way than NTK with binary installer source
to put packages, such as HTTP, but I haven't implemented this yet
neither.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/