Re: [NTLK] PC Card Firewire

From: Bill davis newton (newton_at_mail.ecity.net)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 17:52:15 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Guyot <pguyot_at_kallisys.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 07:15:50 +0200
Subject: Re: [NTLK] PC Card Firewire

I'm wrong!

> You're right Laurent.
> We could interface the FireWire driver with the ATA driver, though,
> to use storage drives.
>
> But the question is: is it really worth the effort or shouldn't we
> work on other things? Personally, I'd prefer a driver for an
> Airport-compatible card.
>
> Paul

I'd prefer that you work on an AirPort driver than a FireWire driver
too (or rather, work on one with the people who are already doing
so!) ;-)

An AirPort driver would be a better "fit" for a portable communications
device like the newton anyway! With it, VNC and your ATA driver,
that's a pretty cool handheld computer! That's something I can do NOW
with my HandEra PalmOS clone, which already supports CF, MMC and SD
cards, WiFi (AirPort) networking and VNC, but the screen IS smaller
(although much bigger than a standard Palm; it's 320x240 instead of
160x160), butI'd sure like to try out wireless VNC to my mac from my
Newton 2100 too. Or to my Windows 2K box and Alpha/OpenVMS boxes at
work;

  - Bill