Re: [NTLK] A Newton Question!

From: Bill Davis (newton_at_ecity.net)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 00:37:20 EDT

>>> 1. one of the cables I got with my 2100 is a strange USB to apple serial.
>>> has anyone ever seen one of these? I thought it might be used to connect a
>>> USB Mac to a Newton (like a keyspan), but it doesn't seem to work, and I
>>> can't figure out what else it could be used for.
>>
>> Are you SURE it's USB? Sounds like it might be one of the Serial to
>> Newton Interconnect cables that EnFour sold. Does the "USB" end fit the
>> Interconnect port under the door at the top of your 2100?
>>
>> - Bill
>
>Nope , absolutely USB, even has the USB symbol on it. Plugs right into a hub
>or my Mac. the other end plugs into the newton dongle and then into the
>newton. It Just Don't talk. It'd be a cool solution if it worked.

Weird! I haven't a clue what that could be, then! Doesn't sound like a
USB to serial adapter. There's usually more to them than just a cable.
I figured it might be because people have mistaken the Newton
Interconnect connector for a USB connector before....

Have you asked the seller? (Please tell us what it is, if you find out
off-list).

 - Bill