[NTLK] [ANN] DictBR

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 08:31:56 EDT

Hi folks,

I'm pleased to announce DictBR, a Brazilian Portuguese dictionary for
the Newton. DictBR was build using the dictionary part technique
documented in the Newton Bowels project.

DictBR is a word list of more than 22,000 words by Ricardo Ueda
Karpischek. It can be downloaded from my FTP server at:

ftp://ftp.kallisys.com/newton/Dicts_and_Kits/DictBR.sit.hqx
ftp://ftp.kallisys.com/newton/Dicts_and_Kits/DictBR.zip

This dictionary package, once installed, will enable Brazilian
Portuguese spell check (with a third party software or in NewtWorks
on NewtonOS 2.1) and improve handwriting recognition of Brazilian
words (significantly with ParaGraph [Cursive Recognizer] and less
significantly with Rosetta [Printing Recognizer] unless you have
alt.rec.... software installed).

You'll find more dictionaries on the Dict & Kits page of my website:
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/dicts_and_kits/

Regards,

Paul

--