Re: [NTLK] An interesting and under-reported fact

From: Bill davis newton (newton_at_mail.ecity.net)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 18:45:18 EDT

Very interesting insights and information, Brian! Thanks for yourt
post. A whole lot more useful than the ill-considered knee-jerk vitriol
posted by some folks here before more detailed facts even had a chance
to be known/found out....as many have been pointing out but few have
been listening to, there's a lot more power available behind the scenes
in the iPod.

Apple needs to talk up this and other stuff (like the 1.8" drive) a lot
more. (As usual, Apple STILL has problems with it's
marketeers.....they need to headhunt microsoft's). Everyone else is
SOOOOO concerned with comparing/dissing some of the specs of the
device...so Apple should lay a bombardment of back specs on 'em.

The rumors of the ability to add programs to the device seem to be true
(beyond just firmware upgrades), if browsing the Pixo site briefly are
any indication. I'd love to know if it can load and run software from
the hard disk, for example....

I look forward to seeing the iPods in a few weeks, and seeing what is
to come.

 - Bill