Re: [NTLK] MODs for ModPlayer

From: Adam Warner (lists_at_consulting.net.nz)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 05:19:19 EDT

On Sat, 2001-10-27 at 21:32, James D'Anvers wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Thought I should let you know about my page with mods which I have converted
> for use with ModPlayer. Give them a try - there are some quality tunes
> composed by some of the most well known and sought after tracker musicians
> of the time - the Amiga age really was the zenith of this kind of tracked
> music.
>
> http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~ddiggler/mods.html

Mods were amazing. I remember making a Parallel port Digital-to-Analogue
converter using just a few resistors (and did it work well!) before I
even had a sound card. It was a simpler age where the record companies
weren't cracking down on the songs because they were significantly
different from the original material.

But how do you play them? The internal speaker or are external speakers
possible? In stereo?

Some of the 8, 16, 32 (and IIRC 64) channel MODs were rather impressive.

I never had an Amiga. Went from an Amstrad CPC464 with Green Screen (and
finally a disk drive and Colour Monitor) to a 386 (AMD-DX40).

Regards,
Adam