Re: [NTLK] VNC

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 21:25:13 EDT

> From: greenguy <greenguy_at_oanet.com>
>
> VNC is REEAAALLLYYY! Cool!
>
> It seems to work much faster with a Windows connection. Connecting with a
> Win98 image in virtual PC is much faster and more stable than with my Mac
> so far.

I have much better luck with Windows server too. more stable/faster.
(and it has the advantage of not interfering with trying to do NTK debugging
at same time on Mac).

> It seems that most funtcions you would normally accomplish with one mouse
> click takes two taps and 2 two mouse clicks takes three taps.
>
> I seem to navigate around pretty good with this, but one thing I can't
> figure out is, when I double tap on the START menu the menu pops up but the
> only way to select anything is by using the keyboard. Single double or
> triple taping just makes the menu go away.
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or is this something being worked on?

are you using latest (3.3a4 at this moment) version?

I am experimenting with different delays for clicks to see if I can get
doubletap and drag to work on Mac.

but I will also experiment with Start menu on Windows to see if I run into
similar problems. (I usually just start at upper left...)

--
Steve