Re: [NTLK] Newton Press & Icons

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 01:58:18 EST

>One would think it would have been documented in the Newton Formats
>document:

In fact, this document is too low-level for icons.

Indeed, it explains how objects are encoded and how frames are stored
in frame parts and parts in packages. Icons are just in slots in the
root frame of frame parts (but I don't think they're used for every
frame part kind, I haven't found how to declare one in dictionaries,
but maybe I haven't tried enough).
However, I'm not sure this is fully documented (i.e. which slot and
which format), but I think it's the 'icon and 'iconPro slots. I don't
recall which is used when, though, but there is surely some info
lying in the Q&As or in the NTK User Guide (at least to explain how
to set the icon for auto parts).

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/