[NTLK] [OT]Re: [NTLK]Re - comparative advertising

From: Daniel Padilla (daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 17:22:26 EST

> >That's because, from what I've been told, *comparative* advertising is
> >ILLEGAL in Europe. For whatever reason. (Unless, of course, this was
> >misinformation...)

    In Spain it's allowed. I've only see two or three adds using this, though.
    Those adds must be very "fact-based". ie you can say A brand is bigger than
B brand, but you can't say it's better or more beautiful.

     If I had to advertise a product, I wouldn't spend my money and add time
speaking about some other product. People can compare by themselves.

Daniel Padilla