Re: [NTLK] Archived Newton-Inc.com Sites!

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 16:18:03 EST

at the temporal coordinates: 10/29/01 4:11 PM, the entity known as Grant
[Lacking Knots] Hutchinson at grant_at_splorp.com conveyed the following:

> In a previous message, Eric L. Strobel typed vigorously:
>
>>> http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.newton-inc.com
>>
>> What I got was a page that was a search results page, with ZERO results
>> found. And, yes, I copied the ENTIRE address and pasted it into IE.
>
> The archive.org site is having a bit of trouble keeping up with the
> demand right now. Its popularity is proving to be its downfall at the
> moment. I was able to get to the December 10th, 1997 version of the
> newton site when I tried it a few minutes ago.
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/19971210182611/http://www.newton-inc.com/
>
> Just keep trying.

In fact, I just discovered this. Didn't realize until reading other
computer news from when I was away this past week, that this site is brand
new. I tried it out to access a NASA site (they've taken many of their
sites down to do a careful scrub about cyberterrorism) and it worked, but
quite slowly and I had to try several times.

- Eric.