[NTLK] smaller form factor for a newton

From: Christopher Chung (chrischung_at_start.com.au)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 03:16:41 EST

Has anyone on the list seen the ebookman by franklin.

I paid $A150. I carry it around everyday. It syncs with mobipocket on
desktop with latest news daily. It has similar writing area like the
palm but its natural handwriting and its pretty good. The screen is
much larger and can play MP3. Has only 8M RAM but MMC socket.

It came initially with OS 1.2 but two weeks after I got it OS 2.0 came
out and just down loaded new version into RAM. Unlike newton it has no
ROM. Imagine if you could do that with windows.

I have a 2100 for over 2.5y but the ebookman has better form factor
and would be great size for compact sporty newton.

chris