Re: [NTLK] Build your own Newton?

From: good-dog_at_northshore.net
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 22:45:38 EST

Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> on 30/10/01 17:33, Michael J. Hu=DFmann at michael_at_michael-hussmann.de wrote:
>
> > good-dog_at_northshore.net (good-dog_at_northshore.net) wrote:
> >=20
> >> Why does a smaller screen/body rule out real handwriting?
> >=20
> > Because there isn't enough space, unless your handwriting is really tiny.
> > The screen space of the MP2100 is OK in this respect, and certainly
> > better than the MP120 I used before. With the 160 x 160 pixel space of
> > the Palm, enabling real HWR doesn't help much. Printing single letters in
> > a small space is actually the best you can do when you have to live with
> > these limitations.

Okay, maybe I misunderstand what you guys mean by this 160 X 160
business. Is there any pictures of this anywhere that demonstrates
this? What am I missing? Are we misunderstanding each other?

What I meant in the original question was the idea of writing all over
the Palm-sized screen, not just in the little, puny area at the bottom.
Allegedly there is an app that lets you actually write Graffiti on any
part of the screen when using a Palm OS unit.

Thus, if you could write all over the screen (okay, a littler screen,
not the big, honking, lovely one we mp2k/ump2k-ers use), NOT just in the
little area (in case I'm being misunderstood), would this not be
sufficient space given a newtons ability to naturally page down as you
run out of space?

Do I make any sense? :-/

Mark