Re: [NTLK] Build your own Newton?

From: Christopher Plummer (plumcakes_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 00:13:29 EST

I think that the MP 130 screen would be perfect for a new newt. Get rid
of the buttons at the bottom, kill the space around and below the screen
so that the screen goes right up to the edge of the newt, and thin it
out to the width of a couple flash cards- I'm thinking vertical instead
of horizontal stacking. That would be portable and have plenty of
screen real estate. It's never going to happen though. As for a
notebook sized newt, they already have one, iBook. Just add a touch
screen and it would be poifect! Oooh I just got an idea: put a HWR
area under the keyboard where the touchpad is that runs the length of
the iBook. It could be like putting one of those expensive drawing
touch pads on the laptop.