[NTLK] G3 iBook + NCU + Ethernet +OS X.10.1

From: Jerry Tom (jerrytommygal_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 09:10:45 EST

Hi,
Is it possible to connect the latest OS X.10.1 based
iBook to the Newton 2100 through NCU & the Ethernet?

I've been given a slightly older G3 running OS 8.5 and
was considering swopping this for a new iBook with all
the bells & whistles. Considering the Newton
connectivity factor - is it advisable to swop or
should I just keep the older G3? I understand it can
accept the latest OS - is the upgrade worth it or was
8.5 stable and good enough?

All recommendations are welcome - I'm just entering
the Mac world with very little knowledge (but loads of
admiration) for these machines.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Cheerio,
Hellene