[NTLK] NPDS Tracker [Was: Re: Off-Topic Linux (PDA) Question]

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 11:09:09 EST

on 10/31/01 10:55 AM, Victor Rehorst at victor_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> To give you an idea, the Java NPDS Tracker that runs on my server (a Linux
> box with Kernel 2.2.19 and JDK 1.2.2) uses 4.5MB of disk.

Speaking of the tracker, any idea how I would be able to reach the tracker
from behind a firewall? Not sure about the specifics, but I would guess that
the ports used by the tracker are closed here, where I work, so I cannot do
anything.

The reason for that is that I've tried to setup an NPDS server, but Paul
Guyot was unable to reach it. I have no idea if there is any NAT going on
behind the scene, so I'm at lost as to what to do, if anything at all can be
done...

Any idea?

-Laurent.

C Programmer's Disease n.: The tendency of the undisciplined C programmer to
set arbitrary but supposedly generous static limits on table sizes (defined,
if you're lucky, by constants in header files) rather than taking the
trouble to do proper dynamic storage allocation.