Re: [NTLK] Analog / Digital / MP3 / so forth

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 15:54:19 EST

on 10/31/01 8:29 PM, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_mac.com wrote:

>> The comment was that many audiophiles, when CDs first came out complained of
>> this phenomenon. I also gave a one explanation as to why they thought this.
>> Personally, I thought this argument went away years ago. :-)
>
> Why ?

Better DA converters and filters, as well as better recording techniques.
Someone else mentioned that recordings made for vinyl have different eq
settings, which compensates for the natural effects of vinyl. These were
simply transferred to the CD, which created a strident sound.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams