Re: [NTLK] quoting digest issue with pine?

From: Andy Pasulka (anp_at_imaxx.net)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 06:57:40 EDT

> Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:03:15 -0400
> From: Brian <bmcewen_at_mediaone.net>
> Subject: [NTLK] quoting digest issue with pine?

> I'm not using digest mode now, and soon will discontinue my shell access
> anyway (until I get my own linux box up :) but am wondering if any other
> digest users have noticed this (maybe test with a shell account if you have
> access to one?)

It's probably caused by the string of dashes ("-") between messages. Turning
off the option of stripping the sigs should have taken care of that though.
Do your other digests separate messages with dashes, or some other
character?

I'm rusty on my pine/vi/un*x commands, so I think that's all I have to
offer. I just remember learning pine and learning to preface my sigs with a
couple of dashes in the interest of netiquette.

ANP

--

Destroy -nothing -the most important thing (from Brian Eno's Oblique Strategies) Andy Pasulka www.imaxx.net/~anp/ anp_at_imaxx.net