Re: [NTLK] PDF Solution!

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 12:22:37 EDT

Alain.Fernandez (Alain.Fernandez_at_univ-orleans.fr) wrote:

> >Otto made some bitchin' "Mapper" maps of Paris from PDF files. Why
> >couldn't you convert ANY PDF file to a "Mapper" map and read it like
> >a map; full-size, perfectly laid-out?
>
> not larger than the screen.

I don't understand -- Mapper maps are usually larger than the screen,
that's what Mapper is for, basically: it's a viewer for pictures (much)
larger than the screen. OTOH, converting an Acrobat document to a bitmap
of a sufficienly high resolution (so you can actually read the text)
would yield HUGE maps, even for comparatively simple documents, so I
don't think this is viable.

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de
WWW: http://michael-hussmann.de