Re: [NTLK] PDF

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 15:47:16 EDT

on 9/1/01 4:25 PM, Laurent Domenech at laurent_at_opalis.com wrote:

> OK, I guess we need a poll. I'm outlining here the 2 proposed solutions, I
> don't really mind which one to do because both are interesting projects...

Can I offer a third solution? How about a web-based solution. In other
words, you go to a web page, give the url of the PDF you want changed, and
it will create a Newton book. Again, this one has its pros and cons, but
this seems to be answering some of the concerns that some have for the
desktop model (need a connection to a desktop), and for the newton-based
model (need the extra storage space.) If someone had a pdf file on their
computer, they could always place it on their personal web space. (Surely
most of us have that through our ISPs) and then go and launch the web site,
give the url, and viola, a few moments later, a book to download. Is this
feasible?

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland