Re: [NTLK] Newton Batteries

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 16:10:27 EDT

on 9/1/01 11:45 AM, Michael J. Hu=DFmann at michael_at_michael-hussmann.de wrote=
:

> Why not NiMH batteries? I've always charged the NiMH batteries in my
> MP120 this way, for years, without any problems.

    I'd say you've led a charmed life. NiMH cells get really hot when
charging. My NiMH/NiCD charger recommends leaving the cover off while
charging NiMH cells. They (at least the 1600 mAh cells I have) become almos=
too hot to touch during the charge cycle.

Peter