Re: [NTLK] DragonDemo

From: Ken Whitcomb (ken_at_imageguild.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 12:48:21 EDT

Well, I've been all over my MP looking for some additional file that might
need to accompany the dragon demo. No dice, it appears to be a completely
stand alone package.

When I'm home tonight, I'll try several methods of putting it on another
newton. Stand by, well, not the entire time. I mean it'll probably be 9 or
10 EDT so you may wish to carry on with your normal routine until then.

FWIW, after playing around with DragonDemo for the first time in, gosh, well
over a year, I recalled that it really doesn't work that great with the
built in mic. I was fooling around with it today and couldn't get it to
work, no matter what I set the gain to.

So I cranked the gain all the way up and then made a loud (and I mean very
loud) grunting sound directly into the mic and it recognized it as "Kansas".
That's when I recalled plugging a line mic into the audio adapter and having
much better results.

I don't have my audio adapter with me so I'll confirm this when home
tonight.

I smell a run on interconnect adapter pins in the near future, and a tinge
of regret on the part of at least one SER-100 upgradee (don't misunderstand
me, I think the SER-100 is great, but if you have it, you probably won't be
able to play with Dragon Demo. And the convenience of the upgrade is MUCH
cooler than the demo) whom will be limited to grunting out random
recognition of US state names through the built in mic.

Now, if Mark is able to wrangle the real deal out of his contacts, that's
another matter altogether!

ken