Re: [NTLK] Shareware/Freeware Licenses

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 20:54:27 EDT

>I couldn't agree more, though I'm not advocating illegality here,
>abandonware has a category on it's own as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not *not* advocating illegality here; software for an abandoned platform is certainly one of the more interesting shades of grey area in the personal definition of what is and isn't appropriate. (And if it actually worked, I'd certainly have *tried* the Dragon demo, as well.) But I do believe people should, at the very least, give some thought to the choice they're making.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net