[NTLK] Trials and Tribulations of "Abandonware"

From: Christopher Dean (rdeanc_at_cc.curtin.edu.au)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 01:32:42 EDT

I must admit that it's a pain in the posterior trying to track down and
evoke a response from ppl who have "given up" on their software package.

I've been trying to legally obtain a copy of EstiMATE and have spent hours
tracking the creator (Mark Moritz). I contacted the numerous companies that
sold the software at various points in time and none of them could help.

I finally discovered his email address on a jazz website (looongggg story)
but do you think he will even respond?

So what do I do? This fine software package is the answer to all my prayers
but the creator won't respond to my email requests.

Does anyone out there have or know someone who has a copy of EstiMATE that
they would like to sell/donate etc.....??????