Re: [NTLK] Clarity Memory Issue

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 02:44:41 EDT

on 06-09-2001 5:07, Diana Oakley at dianajoakley_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Everything was working fine. I was able to swap
> eMates, using just the card with Clarity on it. But,
> at a certain point, the eMate that is not upgraded
> just wouldn't work anymore. Clarity couldn't open any
> files, kept saying it was out of memory, etc. I quit
> and put the card into the upgraded eMate, and it has
> worked just fine.
>
> The other thing that started happening is that at
> first, when I would remove the card, everything was
> fine, no error messages. Then, when I would remove
> the card, I would get a message that said that
> Clarity, which was supposedly solely stored on the
> card, needed to have the card replaced. I'd put the
> card back in and then there would be a message saying
> the card could be removed.
>
> I receive an email from Brant Sears, and in essence he
> said that he had never tested Clarity in this way. He
> recommended using it on one Newton exclusively.

Sounds like it might work on both if you had them both upgraded
(since I understand that Clarity is VERY memory hungry)

For the errors that turn up when you remove the card, you might want to try
to remove the card right after you pressed the reset button on the back and
your eMate is restarting, the most foolproof way to remove cards since your
Newt/eMate doesn't use any of the info on it (and pretty fast too, since
it's only loading what's on the internal store)

If that doesn't do the job it would seem that Clarity really is a one
machine only app.

Robert Benschop