Re: [NTLK] blasphemy and maybe some hope

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 07:59:01 EDT

Seth Vidal (skvidal_at_phy.duke.edu) wrote:

> I know about the companies that have offered to buy it - but thats subtely
> different from it still being apple's but opensource. Instead of another
> company rebranding and calling it "theirs" apple gets the credit

Apple never offered the Newton technology for sale, all they were
offering (at a ridiculous price tag) was a license to use it. In other
words, Apple never even considered a scenario where another company could
have claimed Newton technology as "theirs". Although I doubt that Apple
(i.e. Steve Jobs) even wants to be connected with the Newton in any way.
I suppose SJ would rather erase anyone's memory that the Newton ever existed.

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de
WWW: http://michael-hussmann.de