Re: [NTLK] Shareware/Freeware Licenses

From: bpearce_at_cloud9.net
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 08:32:25 EDT

>>I'm just going to add here that, no matter what the copyright laws say, it
>>is up to the copyright holder to protect it. If they don't, or choose not
>>to... (IANAL)

If this is the prevailing attitude, why discourage people from, say, uploading Newton Books of
copyrighted works to UNNA?

If you're going to run afoul of intellectual property laws (to varying degrees), that's an individual
preference. (I wouldn't say I support you; but I couldn't say that I haven't had the occasion to do
the same.) But I'm sure you can find a more reasonable justification for it than that.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net