Re: [NTLK] Shareware/Freeware Licenses

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 11:41:28 EDT

at the temporal coordinates: 9/6/01 11:09 AM, the entity known as System
Support Products, Inc. at sspi_at_ix.netcom.com conveyed the following:

> But if the copyright is still held by *anyone*,
> it is illegal to infringe on that copyright, whether it is your
> favorite program or not, whether you like the company or not.

Again, your statement only holds IF the copyright holder chooses to protect
the copyright. If a copyright is held by anyone and they fail to defend
that copyright, then the copyright vanishes, it's as simple as that. And,
at that point, any talk of infringement becomes moot. At least, that's
always been *my* understanding of copyright.

- Eric.