Re: [NTLK] The Value of Synching (was: Soups and the Newton's downfall)

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 16:43:21 EDT

on 9/6/01 4:16 PM, Ken Whitcomb at ken_at_imageguild.com wrote:

> What is my point? Synching is cool, but way overrated in my humble opinion.

It is essential to me. I may add info either while on the road, at a
meeting, or even on the phone at home, where the computer isn't convenient.
I may also add names at the computer, or on the phone when the Newton isn't
convenient. At any point in time, I may need that phone number off the
computer on my Newton, or visa versa. I have had nothing but troubles since
I got the free upgrade from Now Contact to 4. I tried it, and started using
it, forgetting about my Newton, and just a few days later, after I had
modified countless contacts, I had a completely unsyncable mess!! I know I
have to go and someday sync them together again, but I'm not sure how to go
about it. Either way, in the past few months, the inability to genuinely
sync has been a major thorn in my flesh!! :-)

P.S. I'm glad you said what you said about Newtourage. I will be getting
Entourage soon, and it may be the answer to my problem

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland