[NTLK] Well... you know what...

From: DON (don_at_dcphotos.com)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 09:49:41 EDT

>> What generally happens if I find a suitcase full of money and there's no ID
>> with it? It's my understanding that, after reasonable efforts to establish
>> the true owner (ads in the paper, etc.), if no owner comes forward, the
>> money (and suitcase, if I want it) is mine.

Perhaps the cash becomes your but it NEVER falls into the public domain.
This was/is my point about the abandoned car, the city may come and take,
they then in turn may sell it, BUT, it NEVER falls into public domain. It's
not like anyone who choses can start driving the car. The city may offer it
to the public and then if someone buys it it becomes a privately owned
automobile.
Just because you exhaust all reasonable efforts to contact the owner of the
software in question doesn't make it fair game to all. If that be the case
we need to appoint someone as the one who will try at all cost then announce
"Come and get it" it's now free!!!

Now about that cash you found, Buddy, Pal...
Don