[NTLK] Abondonware still

From: DON (don_at_dcphotos.com)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 13:59:30 EDT

> You can't have it both ways! You've obviously been following the thread,
> since the two quotes above were from two completely different messages.
> Why, then, do you continue to rant about the older message after I've
> recanted it??

Of course I'm responding to more than one message...I'm trying to keep you
on track with where I was going and not have you go off on a tangent.
I still come back to the posting that you wrote on Thu, 06 Sep 2001
08:44:02. You have to realise the time when I respond, I may not have read
your "recanted" statement. I don't think we all receive our e-mails at the
same time. And I continue to "rant" because you have yet to address my
point.
I believe no matter what you substitute for copyright, be it trademark,
speeding, jaywalking, shoplifting whatever the crime occurs when you do it,
not when you get caught. This is the point I've been trying to make. I do
not see where you have addressed this. You made the statement (get ready,
this will be out of context):
>Copyright violation only exists when the
>copyright holder takes you to court about it.
I still disagree with that and even if you say:
"Trademark violation only exists when the
trademark holder takes you to court about it." And have yet to see where you
respond to this other than to say trademark instead of copyright.

>Again with the out of context quotes! Geez!

All I was trying to do was cut down on the long quote so as not to eat up
all the bandwidth (too late now I know). I didn't feel there was any need to
include the entire paragraph. I apologise for that but my response to your's
still stands.

>Actually, the fact that you've quoted material from a number of different
>messages indicates that you are, in fact, replying to more than just that
>Statement.
Yes, of course I'm responding to more than one message. But I am merely
trying to respond to your comments and still keep us on MY original reply to
your message of Thu, 06 Sep 2001 08:44:02.

I want to make it clear I am not personally attacking you. I just do not
agree with one of your statements. E-mail sometimes is a hard way to
communicate.

Respectfully,
Don