Re: [NTLK] More on law

From: Templarsog1_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 15:38:08 EDT

In a message dated 9/7/01 3:14:47 PM, jceaser_at_mac.com writes:

<< Your right, private is meaningless. If you by a house, do you really own

the land? Can you dig for oil, or cover the entire lot with concreat? No,

there are restrictions and the reason why is becouse we live in a community

and some private right must be sacrificed for the good of the many. >>

With this statement do you mean to imply that, for instance, in Zimbabwe
where 'white farmers', i.e. criminals according to Robert Mugabe, who have
owned their farms and produced for generations although some do not and are
now having them appropriated without compensation for redistribution to 'war
veterans' is correct? Mugabe says that these 'criminal white farmers' do not
own anything and should not, particularly those who are no longer actively
farming. This, even though, they produce for the nation. He says private
property should not exist and that everything belongs to the state who will
'fairly distribute' it.
If you think that this is the case maybe we can learn something from Mr.
Mugabe.
Oh and by the way, in Zimbabwe, where I have some friends, if you do not
agree to leave your farm these 'war veterans' are given free reign to kill
you and your family. This has in fact happened.
If you allow the slighest erosion in our property, any property, rights you
are on the slippery slope to government or community committees who will
decide what is what and who gets what.
I own what I own and whats mine is mine forever until the end of time and no
government or individual is going to take it away from me or my family,
particularly my family, even after I am gone. That is as it should be. No one
has a claim to someone elses property intellectual or otherwise.
William