Re: [NTLK] More on law

From: McComb Keith (KMcComb_at_nycboe.net)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 15:53:21 EDT

I have seen an author (Spider Robinson) respond to this concept. He is
extremely opposed to copyright in perpetuity. This from a man who makes
his living off creating copyrighted materials. His reasoning, which he
freely admits he got from Robert Heinlein, is that if you make
copyrights permanent (never ending), then almost anything people write
will eventually become actionable in court. This will end up stifling
creativity, because you never know if what you're writing is going to
get you sued. (I'll try to find his article on that soon...)

Keith McComb