Re: [NTLK] More on law

From: McComb Keith (KMcComb_at_nycboe.net)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 16:01:15 EDT

Stop paying taxes on "your" land, and see how long it remains yours.
Have a piece of property where the local government REALLY wants to put
something that will make them money, and see how fast "Eminent Domain"
gets declared. (It's happened time and time again.)

Since the government can take your property for non-payment of taxes,
then it strikes me that the taxes are actually your payment of rent to
the government for the right to do what you want to 'your' property.

Keith McComb