Re: [NTLK] The Value of Synching (was: Soups and the Newton's downfall)

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 16:04:16 EDT

on 9/7/01 3:54 PM, Zachery Bir at zbir_at_urbanape.com wrote:

> I'm guessing that TimaScientific <URL:http://www.timasci.com/> doesn't
> ship to Poland ( or at least not affordably )?

Not only that, but rather than shipping directly, I prefer to have it
shipped to a relative or friend, who can repack it, remove any sales papers,
and ship it so it won't get snagged by customs. BTW, this is what customs
here told me to do. They said that they are mainly looking for businesses
importing, or doing trade, who might be trying to get out of duties, and
that when I have something shipped to me that looks "official" it slows down
the process, and I risk geting assessed. They recommended having it shipped
state-side, and re-packed and resent, with the "gift" box checked. I've done
that since, and it does speed up shipping times. :-) So, to make a long
story make some sense, buying from an individual skips that step, as they
can ship it straight to me. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams