Re: [NTLK] The Value of Synching (was: Soups and the Newton's downfall)

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 16:04:16 EDT

on 9/7/01 4:29 PM, Mikebridg_at_aol.com at Mikebridg_at_aol.com wrote:

> I spend several mnthe in
> the field inTanzania each year and up till now Ihave lugged a laptop about
> with me. Next trip I will take the newton and a small printer and do
> everything with it and a cellphone!

My Newton has traveled with me for months on end as my only computer. With a
printer and modem, I'm invincible. :-) People with Palms look at me agast
when I relate this kind of extended travel with just the Newton. It seems
that it is not as capable at this as the Newton, although the web site
recording that fellow's travels with his Visor makes it look like it's
getting close. How do you print from a Palm, however?

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland