[NTLK] Newton abuse for fun and profit!

From: esworp (esworp_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 22:12:55 EDT

Well, i finally did it. I managed to break my newton's screen. Just
for kicks, i called 1 800 my apple. I had fun...
  "What product are you needing service on?"

  "A Newton 2000, i broke the screen..."

   "Sir, this number is for people seeking technical service and repair
of Apple products."

  "No no, this is a apple prod- well, _was_ an apple product. If i could
get transferred to a service center, they would be able to help me
better..."

"Your zip code?"

"Huh?

"Your zip code, sir?"

   "oh, um... 32413, but I -"

  "ok, sir, i've found two service centers in your area, A COMPusa off of
23rd avenue, and an Inacomp off of Harrison Ave Have a nice day."

"No, I.... thank you."

Tomorrow i'll give the folks at 18007672775 a run for their money...