Re: [NTLK] Dragon Package

From: Charles Lewis (cjkjlewis_at_home.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 00:13:09 EDT

Build your own Audio Interconnect:

        1) Find a male PC Mount Male soldier NIC jack. Ow! The manufacturer will
no longer sell them direct. I bought some from someone here at the list
about a year ago, don't know if he still has any, but if anyone is really
interested, I will try to remember who it was.

        2) Go to http://www.eskimo.com/~millerd/nicadapter/index.html

Apparently the NIC audio input must be pre-amplified, so we would have to
come up with a circuit or use our stereos with mic for voice recog. !@#*

Maybe Dragon 'requires' input from external mic (which must be
pre-amplified). I heard someone mention having to yell at their Newton to
recognize "Kansas" (don't know if this is related). Maybe this is all we
lack for imageguild's .pkg (an ext mic)?