Re: [NTLK] Defective 130 power switch

From: Filmer, Paul E. (pfilmer_at_nsf.gov)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 09:32:46 EDT

I took it apart over the weekend, and I agree, the MP130 is _much_ easier to
open than an MP2x00. However, as Frank says, it is pretty much impossible to
clean the switch. I tried some compressed air, then just left it w/o power
overnight to see what got removed. In the morning the patch had
disappeared, and it was back to ROM Version 2.0 (525314)-0. ...but still
with all the non-working UniFEP 'box' chars for names of all built-in pkgs
and folders. And still no way to do a hard reset.... sigh.

Paul F.