Re: [NTLK] 10 Digits

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 10:10:38 EDT

on 9/10/01 2:31 AM, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_mac.com wrote:

> Maybe I'm not getting the full point here, but I made a worksite without a
> prefix, this way my Newton always dials 10 digits and always gets it right,
> or are there places that you can't call with 10 digits locally ?

    There are still places where dialing 10 digits will get you a nasty
message from the phone co. To get an internet connection in several places I
frequent it's a 10-digit dial if I use my cell, but 7 by landline.
    So, I have a cell worksite that always dials 10 and a landline site that
dials seven.

Peter