Re: [NTLK] Dragon Package

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 13:32:18 EDT

>if 2), PkgBuddy, Sloup and X-Port all use the same unrelocation code (that I
>wrote), which has only really been tested on "normal" packages and autoparts
>(and it respects the copyright bit); if the Dragon package has different
>kinds of install parts, then this might not work for any of them -- in which
>case I'd suggest trying EETransfer or email since that apparently does
>unrelocation automatically somewhere in the transport layer.

Actually, I looked at relocation problems and how it was handled here
and there. Of course, the best would be to use the system's way to do
things, but I haven't found yet where this is done. SimpleMail use
its own code (which is native and hence not based on yours, and
apparently, doesn't do 2.x native code relocation like your
implementation).

All this explains the problem that you folks are experiencing. Dragon
Demo very probably has 2.x relocation information. What is weird is
that PkgBuddy seems to not lead to the same result as SimpleMail
(Ken, you're using SimpleMail, right?) which makes me think that
there's a bug somewhere, or at least some relocation that one of the
two doesn't do (properly).

I've been working on relocation lately, but the only thing I have
really implemented is 2.x relocation information parsing. Yes, it
means it's complementary to the currently available approaches.

Ken, would you mind sending me the package by mail? I'll compare all
this stuff with the one on your website and I'll try to relocate it
(by hand, probably). Now that I have released the beta 4, I have some
time (not much, because of the exp. date) to work on that.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/