[NTLK] OMP questions

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 17:08:21 EDT

>> If this thing had backlight and could be powered
>> by AA size batteries, it'd be my favourite.

> Because the AAA ones are so expensive?

Because of that, and because the OMP/MP100 ist the most power-hungry
Newton model of all. You don't get much usage time out of the AAA's.

> Talking about all the "let us convert this and that PDA to a Newton"
> discussion - what one really should do is upgrade the OMP to OS2.0 and
> install a backlight.
> Let me guess - impossible?

Impossible is a word I hardly ever accept. Given an unlimited amount of
time,
money and OMP's it might eventually be possible to figure out a way to
replace the backlight. Just the way one of an unlimited number of
monkeys, each equipped with a typewriter, will eventually write another
Romeo and Juliet if no time limit exists. As to OS 2.0, this would probably
require a complete redesign of the mainboard. So the real-life answer is:
Yes, that's impossible.

Frank