Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #196

From: Alexey Danilchenko (dalex_at_iname.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 09:57:47 EDT

Eric L. Strobel" <fyzycyst_at_home.com>:

> Sorry, but innocents DO get killed in war. While everything that can
> humanly be done to limit this should be done, this should NOT be a deterrant
> to EVER going to war. Such reasoning would have the Nazis and Imperial
> Japan ruling the world. Remember, any government harboring or aiding these
> swine has made a choice on behalf of their nation. Any harm befalling their
> citizens as a result is the fault of THAT government.

Sounds really like nazis. Who gave you right to judge people lifes based on the fact that some crazy assasins are hiding in their country? There is absolutely NO justification for murdering innocent people. You cannot do a good thing in a violent way. It's really simple - violence will create violence in reply. And that will start next World War. There is no point to fight for the world because there more likely will be no world after this war. Most of the countries have nuclear weapons now...

> Having said that, there IS one motivation that can be used to attack these
> dogs and the governments that support them. Their so-called holy war and
> all the acts springing from that are (as with all human activity) intended
> to achieve their goals. The only proper thing to do is to ensure that such
> acts in fact HARM their goals. And, given the massiveness of the attack,
> the response should be far more massive. I'm not talking JUST militarily.
> Through diplomacy, private and public groups, AND military response, EVERY
> 'weapon' should be brought to bear to guarantee that far greater harm comes
> to their goals than they could ever have imagined.

I agree there should be counter-actions taken - but not in a form of war to the whole country. This is damn stupid. Take for example Hiroshima in 1945. Based on your conclusions above - japanese should have launch a massive counter-attack on USA and destroy it as a country. But they did not...

Alex