Re: [NTLK] Card Reader For MP130

From: Gerstein, Sam (Sam.Gerstein_at_BOS.StreamServe.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 10:17:27 EDT

No, I've never seen a real one.. what kind of application do you want to use
it for? It seems to me that it should be pretty easy to get a serial smart
card reader working with the Newton, but of course you'd have to write an
application to do something useful with it.
I know this is an odd place to find it (they sell modchips for console game
systems), but I happened across this here a while ago- a unit that can talk
to "All ISO 7816 smart cards" (anybody know what that encompasses?) for $60.
http://www.gamegizmo.com/order/g.html#smartcard

-Sam