Re: [NTLK] Deepest sympathy for the assassinated

From: Mikebridg_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 17:18:36 EDT

In a message dated 12/9/01 1:35:14 pm, doppler_at_mac.com writes:

<< look at israel/palestines, even if thay say its a matter of
survival, i guess there are "more people dying than surviving". violence
cant be the long term solution. >>

Look at Northern Ireland, it has been going on for 300 years and looks like
flaring up all opver again about kids getting to school for (I nearly said
God's sake - but 'God" in various conflicting guises seems to be part of the
problem) goodness sake. We have unwillingly harboured terrorists in Northerrn
Ireland - they are citizens and very difficult to identify, if you imprison
them you make them martyrs and more pop up literally out of the scenery. I
don't know the answer, violence and knee jerk action hasn't had any effect,
nor has the british army, talking seemed nearly to have worked the miracle in
Northern Ireland - Clinton is honoured here for his efforts and there were
others from USA too, but we still can't say that peace is with us more than
temporarliy whilst hate between 2 "christian" groups over childrens right to
pass along a public highway is still being fomented.

Mike

Mike Bridgwater