Re: [NTLK] How much is an eMate 300 upgrade worth?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 04:21:36 EDT

on 17-09-2001 1:29, Manfred Mortera at mmortera_at_netpci.com wrote:

> Anyway, the emate is pretty crippled without it.

Now can anybody tell me why, an eMate with or without the memory upgrade is
memory wise the same as a 2000 vs. a 2100 (or a 2000UMP of course)
Though everybody on this list will agree that we all prefer the extra heap,
I can't say that my 2000 was "pretty crippled"

The eMate does benefit a bit on the speed side, but can't say that that
difference is so big that again it justifies this distinction.
(you can speed it up with another crystal as well)

I use a 2100 and an eMate all of the time, the 2100 is always written on
(I never use the keyboard) and the eMate is used for extensive typing and
the only time that I really notice the difference in speed is when opening
the Extras Drawer, since I rarely need to do that with all of the freeware
and commercial solutions around (EZ access, SAS Startbar) I don't mind,
though extra speed is always nice of course ;-)

Robert Benschop