[NTLK] AW: [NT2] System Update

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 11:12:30 EDT

Victor,
Your question is legitimate,
of course in principle you are 100% right, but in my special case anything (and unfortunately I do not know what it really is)
PREVENTS my Newt from starting (stuck in the welcome procedure during filling in the personal data), after the system update 747260 (for my german OS) is installed.
I tried everything, brain wipe, backup ... nothing helps but removing the update.
With the previous version stored in ROM, which is D2.1 (747129) - 0, the Newt works, but comes up with some strange Error messages from time to time, f.i. when I try to open the Extras drawer.
But I could also imagine, that the downloaded data for the update are corrupted somehow, then you will have the same problem...

Regards
Johannes

A better question: why would you ever want to remove the system update?
It fixes bugs in the OS. There are no compatability problems having to do
with any system patch and any software. You cannot possibly install an
incorrect system patch. So why would you want to? For a 2000 or 2100, as
long as you have 717260 or 710031, you're fine.