Re: [NTLK] [Data on the Go]

From: Joseph Lax (joeylax_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 12:25:53 EDT

Greetings,

regarding the Data on the Go question;

Try setting the modem preference to land line (vs cell phone).
I know it seems backwards, but this should allow you to use the modem to
dial a voice call.

If you set the modem preference to cell phone, it checks for digital signal
strong enough to support CMDA digital call. If good to go, and the signal
remains strong, it locks on for the duration of the call. If there is no
digital signal, or the signal is not strong enough, it will make the call
non-CMDA.

You can bypass the CMDA check by setting the modem preference to land line.

About the faxing - maybe faxes do not transmit in CMDA mode.
I do not have access to my Data on the Go user manuals right now, but can
check in the next few days if you want me to.

joe lax