Re: [NTLK] Newton MessagePad 2100

From: Dave Abramowitz (underdog_at_erols.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 16:14:55 EDT

The best way to connect to the Cube is Ethernet. Check the FAQ for answers
and options: http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/ I have an upgraded 2000,
and I use a 3COM 3C589D-TP, which works like a charm.

Also, you can use a Keyspan USB PDA adapter, but it's much slower. Go with
Ethernet.

To reset the system, take the stylus and "poke" the reset button on the back
of the Newton (right under the label)

As far as parts go, you'll find them on all kinds of web sites, including
eBay, and from time to time people on this list sell the stuff too. Here's
an example (http://www.pdaconnection.com/index2.html).

Enjoy and welcome.

- Dave