[NTLK] Avoid Niel Blackwell

From: gopi_at_sin.sloth.org
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 22:00:01 EDT

Hi,

Just a warning that you should do your utmost to avoid doing business with
Niel Blackwell (branard_at_bellsouth.net).

A friend bought a Newton from him via ebay. Its touch screen would never
align properly. It was off by close to a cm (I tested it myself, and I can
assure you she was right). Anyway, as a $480 "perfect" newton, this was
unacceptable. He offered to refund her money. She sent it back. He
complimented her on how well packed it was, etc.

He's since totally disappeared and not refunded her money. He just posted
to comp.sys.newton.misc, offering more Newton stuff for sale. I would
avoid doing business with him, since he seems to have no trouble at all
keeping your money and ignoring your emails.

gopi.